Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This feature includes some sort of a top ten list, related to books. I have decided to participate here and there, when there is a top ten list that I can contribute.
Top Ten Childhood Faves
1. The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis - This whole series was one of my favorites. I intend on rereading it sometime, as I already have the whole set from my childhood, but there are too many amazing new releases that keep coming out! I need to read faster!
2. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling - This is another one that the whole series was my favorite. Or I guess I can't say that, because I haven't finished it. But I did get to number 5 I think, and those 5 were my fav!
3. Sideways Stories from Wayside School by Louis Sachar - I read all of the "Wayside School" books as a child. I think I probably reread them too. This particular Wayside School book I read to my reading class last year, and definitely enjoyed getting to read it again!
4. ANY Babysitter's Club book by Ann M. Martin - I couldn't tell you a single title in this series now, but I loved these when I was a kid! I would get them in the mail like I was really part of their club. I even started my own Babysitting club!
5. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White - I remember a time when my life was surrounded by Charlotte's Web. I read the book, watched the movie, and my class even saw the play for our field trip!
6. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery - I still have this whole series from when I was a kid. My mom bought me a few different series the year she decided to homeschool. This first book was the only one I ever read, but someday I will get to the others!
7. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares - I loved this whole series. I remember when my mom finally ordered the whole set for me. I was so excited! I reread this book this past year because I would like to reread the whole series before I read Sisterhood Everlasting.
8. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett - I actually don't remember anything from this book, just that my cousin gave it to me to read. Someday I will read it again so I will remember it!
9. Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein - I loved all of the Shel Silverstein books when I was in school. EVERYONE always wanted them, and I think I even had to be put on a waiting list to check them out! I am pretty sure everyone in my class had checked them out by the end of that year.
10. Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder - This was another set my mom bought me when I was homeschooled, and I still have! I loved Little House on the Prairie! My mom would let my sister and I start school late just so we could watch two of the shows first thing in the morning! This was the only book in the series that I ended up reading though. I will get to the whole series someday!